Sunday, April 28, 2013

Kerala Style Pazham Boli/Plantain Fritters

Hi Friends :)

Here Today is lovely day because it is amazing weather here and it is raining heavily on Spring season.I feel we will have snack along with a cup of chai. So I did followed the step by step wise pictures of my dear blogger friend Swathi of Zesty South Indian Kitchen.I just loved her keralite recipes and  had followed the recipe from her and bookmarked her recipes mostly in my web browser.Time has arrived and made and we all tasted it along with a cup of tea.




Recipe Adapted from Swathi's Zesty South Indian Kitchen

Ingredients:

  • 1 Cup Raw Rice
  • 1/4 cup Urad dhal
  • 1 Tsp Sesame seeds( if you have black one can add)I had used white ones.
  • 1 Tsp cumin seeds
  • 1/4 Tsp Turmeric Powder
  • 1/4 Tsp Salt
  • Oil for Deep frying.
  • 4 Plantains( I had used 2 )
  • 14 Cup Water

Method:

  1. Soak rice and dhal separately for about 4 hours.
  2. Grind rhe rice and dhal together after adding little by little water to get smooth batter.Transfer into the bowl
  3. Add the sesame seeds,salt,turmeric powder and cumin seeds into the batter bowl and mix well.
  4. Take out the plantains which is ripened.Slit out the plantain in halves.
  5. Remove the black spots.
  6. Cut into size bite pieces
  7. Take a deep frying kadai and add oil to it .Once it is hot.
  8. Dip the cut plantains into the batter and coat well on both sides 
  9. Put it in the deep frying kadai and allow to to cook on both sides till it turns golden brown in color.
  10. Drain it with tissue paper and transfer into the serving plate.
  11. Serve it along with a cup of tea.
Enjoy!!!!!




Linking this entry to Pallavi's Event and owned by Swathi of Zesty South Indian kitchen's Event Announcement.







Linking this entry to Viji's Soul Food Show Event







Linking this entry to Foodabulous Fest- April Series organised by Preeti and Hosted By Pramitha's Love Cooking




6 comments:

  1. i love this very much,no many takers in my home,miss this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Archana you tried pazham boli, it is delicious is it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting recipe. Thanks for linking

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks tempting...
    Thanks for linking with my event “Foodabulous Fest –April Month Series”

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! :) I look forward to hearing from you of any commrnts on my blog ,suggestions and requests Please follow my blog..
Feel free to email me @ tangymindsachu@gmail.com